Monday, April 6, 2009

Eschew obfuscation

I ve never thought ill write a blog in the first place. Writing has been so alien to me right from the time I learned to write .This is probably coz of 3 reasons.

1. I got a damn poor mind which can think of only one way to spell a word.
2. If at all I can do something better than everybody else, it’s reading my own handwriting! &
3. I guess I’m just too lazy to put my bum in a place long enough to write something meaningful.

But I think writing a blog is different coz I’m not exactly writing but typing (I know the reasoning sucks). N moreover I can avoid the Embarrassment of a spelling mistake ( U guessed right, I spelled Embarrassment wrong the first time!!)

So, lets face it here I am with my first blog!!


School life is like a lollypop. It sucks until it’s gone!

I wanted to share one of the routine days in my school life. And this happened in my high school first week. We were five of us in our bench .Yes, can u believe it? 5x 2 butts in a bench! (V had to wait still one of them moved out to scratch in case it itches) Duba , Ash , Bharat , Vdog n me . I’m not sure what brought us 5 together. Bharath was my previous school mate, I took an instant liking to Duba probably bcoz he was shorter than me (in short, very short!) and the other two probably jus knew they belonged here.

If any thing everyone had an individuality. Bharath was really tall. Vdog(Vinay) had this peculiar habit of breaking into sunny smiles at proximity with anything remotely human . Duba(Prabakar) was an astounding thinker. (When he was 2 he became really anxious bcoz he s doubled his age in a yr and @ this rate by the time he turns 5 he d be 64!!) Ash usually tries his hand at heroism with funny side effects.

Now to our episode: Our school had this concept of having a studying hour every day end (wat the hell are v supposed to do in other hrs, not studying? I don’t know).It is as ridiculous as having a smoking zone in a pub or a pissing zone in a swimming pool! No prof wil be in class but v need to remain silent n just study. Believe me, some nerds actually do sit n study .But these were killing times. Bless book cricket and pen touch.

Pen touch might be just another useless game to kill the time. But try telling it to guys in class room who are supposed to shut up and stare at books or our class girls (the former was a better option I can tell u that). The class was unusually noisy and we were engrossed in one of those thrilling pen fighting encounters. It was a close one which dragged still the end and a nail biting finish awaited for the fight of days championship. While duba was aiming the final shot, suddenly the class fell really silent as if to pay homage to the nerve of the moment. And then there was a BANG!!

Now, my school has this unwritten rule that any professor can burst into any class anytime and whack someone so that everybody else shuts up. And today we were the lab animals. Duba got wacked so bad inspite of his innocent looks. He looked as confused as a baby in a naked bar. Imagine someone jus walking into a class and hitting u. He was nearly in tears. (It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.Yeah, I’m the bigger man.)

Next was ash’s turn. He doesn show pain when girls are looking at him. (It is this thing with men , they become a completely different creature when the opposite sex is within the visibility plane.)And I should say he managed well. Bharath is too good in surrendering under pressure. Vinay was actually experiencing equanimity in the midst of turbulences .He was still smiling l!!!

Now me!!! I ve not been a goody goody boy I know. But I ve never before considered the prospect of being smacked in front of 65 guys and 60 girls. I think he took an instant liking to me. It is this look in my eyes, I guess. I give a kind of scared rabbit pathetic look that he seemed to adore. He then staged a mini world war.

All that I did was just mutter a “Sorry” and defend one of his blows. He then stopped and gave me an eccentric look as if I jus stole one of his kidney and was about to run away with it. He s not used to defense I guess. He seemed to be moving in nanoseconds and hit me in almost 15 spots in a flash and one of the random blows hit my Hot Spot! It seemed funny to everyone except me. Now I could not scream in agony or at least hold the spot (There are times I wished there were no girls in the class).He at last reluctantly let me go.

He stood there without even a ruffle and so calm as if he’s jus given a speech on the importance of meditation to spread peace among humanity. He looked at the 5 of us to see if he had created the desired impact. He left the class shouting ‘SILENCE!” as if to add impact. Now, I ve always wondered why do people shout for silence? Aint shouting for silence as ridiculous as screwing for virginity?? (Me and my sick mind!)

And immediately after he left, Duba said “Cha, the pens are scattered. Now v have to start from first!!.” And v all smiled. At that moment I jus knew I got pals for a lifetime!!!

DISCLAIMERS:

1.”Imagination was given to man to compensate him for wat he’s not and a sense of humor to console him for wat he is”. All along I ve tried the consoling part!

2.The intension behind the blog is not to hurt anyone .(Which is my polite way of saying v cant do a shit about it, as the blog is already posted.)

3. The title Eschew obfuscation means to avoid confusion and to ensure clarity .This has got no relevance whatsoever to the blog. I jus kept it coz I liked it (after all it’s my blog rite?). N moreover I warned u dat I’m not too good in this blogging stuff!

Thanks for ur time pals!

18 comments:

  1. super da......... satish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we go back again to schooling days macha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dubba- i wan u to write a blog about ur daily officle lyf

    ReplyDelete
  4. u seriously did instigate some oppugness in watever u wrote (sorry typed). The only obfuscation i still have to eschew WTF do you mean by u dont know what it is to blog. This is like putting the stick in a vat of oil. (SO DAMN COOOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thala super da! Nice narration...

    ReplyDelete
  6. macha i liked that "smokin zone in a pub"~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. machi this is one area which u have not tried ur hand at, now that mission also completed. I'm awestruck at ur exceptional narrative skills da( I have always been when u talk, now got the opportunity to admire at ur writing as well).Inspiring me to write one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. machi great narration style da..... jus go on!!!.......
    bhaskar

    ReplyDelete
  9. gud blog..sry i happnd 2 visit arun's scrapbook and came across ur scrap reqstn him 2 visit ur blog.so i jus clickd d link n landed over here(lol)..its gud dude.nyways gud start da..visit ma blog 2 da!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one!!! Had fun reading!!

    Even the profanity was put in a way that it wont hurt anyone!!

    Way to go & yeah

    Welcome to blogger's World!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mac ur blog is so nice,not dramatic like SBK(Flight la figure ah paaparam pick up panuvaaram>>>Fil paarthu kattu po vaendiyadhu.

    Guys next chetan bhagat ready!!

    Awaiting for ur next BLOGGG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry last comment la spelling mistake!!
    ADHU
    (Film paathu kettu po vaendiyadhu)

    ReplyDelete
  13. gr8..........macha.........superb..........keep rrocking...................

    ReplyDelete
  14. macha college english exam paper la kuda eppadi ethyam _____________ da naye. fun reading da mama, good.....................

    ReplyDelete
  15. scene a podra da!!!!keep it up...am waiting for your new entries!!!krrp writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aravind: thala semmaya irundhudhudaa.... rolling over the floors laughing..... had a great time da.... aiyo, i wish u write more and give us the time to enjoy in this pathetic world.... u rock mama

    ReplyDelete